California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”): If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information.To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit the link here.
Information We Collect
We collect information from you in a variety of ways, including:
Information You or a Household Member Provide
We collect information directly from you or a member of your household when you apply for our products, communicate with us, submit an Application, visit our Website, provide feedback to us or participate in our surveys. The specific information we collect depends on the context in which you provide it, and may include:
- Contact Data, such as your first and last name, email address, postal address and phone number
- Social security number
- Location and approximate value of your property
- Demographic information, such as age, race, ethnicity and gender gathered pursuant to federal requirements
- Related loan products or services you have used in the past
- Financial information, such as income, assets and net worth
- Home ownership status, employment status and insurance information
If you or a member of your household communicate with FortiFi by telephone, we may monitor or record the telephone call.We monitor and record telephone calls for security, quality assurance and compliance purposes.
Information Collected from a Device Associated with You or Your Household
We may also passively obtain information about you through technology.For example:
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers and device regional and language settings, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, products and services considered, and the page you visited before navigating to our System.
- Your Content: As you allow through your device or application, we may collect information and content stored on your device.
- Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. You may stop the collection of precise location information at any time.
- Browsing Information: We use our own and third-party technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and mobile device identifiers to collect information about the use of our websites and mobile services. We use these tools to provide an integrated and more personalized experience for you. We collect information through Cookies which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser for the purpose of tracking user activity and patterns, helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and facilitating analytics and online advertising. We collect information through Web beacons which allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our websites and other sites were effective. Under certain circumstances, we permit third parties to collect information from our Website for their own business purposes, and we also will allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information about your activities over time and across other websites using cookies, web beacons and similar technologies when you visit our Website or use our Services.
Information Collected from Third-Party Sources
We may obtain information from third-party sources. For example, we may collect information about you from identity or other verification services, credit bureaus (including your credit report), advertising networks, mailing list providers, service providers and data brokers.
The information we receive from such third parties varies depending on the information made available by those entities. Examples of the types of information we receive may include financial account, credit account, loan account, or investment account information, identifiers and information about account owners, information about account transactions, employment, income and contact information.
Information Collected from Other Sources
We receive information about you from other sources to help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our services, and prevent or detect fraud.
How Your Personal Information is Used and Protected
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide, operate and improve the Services and our business and develop new products or services;
- Present our Website, the Application, and their respective contents to you;
- Create and administer your account;
- Respond to your requests, resolve disputes and/or troubleshoot problems;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- Notify you about changes to any Services we offer or provide;
- Communicate with you about the Services; and
- Fulfill any other purpose for the Services.
Regardless of any choices you make below, we may use your personal information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is appropriate to:
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from governmental authorities;
- Protect our, your or other’s rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; and
The protection of the information we collect is of utmost importance to us and we take every reasonable measure to ensure that protection, including:
- We keep automatically collected and voluntarily collected data separate at all times;
- We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption wherever we capture voluntarily provided information;
- We use internal encryption on all data stores that house voluntarily captured data;
- We use commercially reasonable tools and techniques to protect against unauthorized access to our systems; and
- We restrict access to personal information to those who need such access in the course of their duties for us.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Website or for use of certain parts of the Application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us on our Website or through the Application. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or through the Application.
We retain personal information as required by applicable law, statute and regulations, and where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested, to comply with applicable regulatory, legal, tax or accounting requirements, and to establish legal claims, or fraud prevention).
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may share personal information with contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our Services;
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for approving contracts or agreements;
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes;
- We may share information to comply with laws or respond to lawful requests and legal processes;
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share personal information to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- We may share personal information for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others without restriction.
Other than set forth above, we do not sell or otherwise share the personal information we collect.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
Promotional Offers from FortiFi. Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your account and our business dealings with you.
Tracking Technologies. Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference users can set if they do not want web services to collect information about their online activity.However, there is currently no universal standard for sending and receiving DNT signals.Due to this lack of universal standard, it would be impossible for us to promise that we comply with all known and unknown DNT standards. Therefore, we do not respond to DNT signals or other mechanisms that provide a choice regarding the collection of personably identifiable information about activities over time and across different Web sites or online services.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18
Our Systems are not intended for persons under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website or Application Portal. We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 18 years of age. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website, Application Portal, or through any of their respective features, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a person under the age of 18, please contact us through the contact information below.
12770 High Bluff Dr
San Diego, CA 92130
Or via email at privacy@fortiFi.com
Effective Date: January 1, 2023